WHAT WE DO
RESILIÉNT/CITY offers expert consulting in conceptualizing and developing national policies and municipal strategies on disaster risk reduction and urban resilience. Working with global leaders in flood/water management and urban architects, RESILIÉNT/CITY uses proven methodologies to help societies to be better prepared for natural and man-made disasters, to better adapt to climate change and to reduce and mitigate human and economic losses.
Our consulting services follow these three principles:
- KNOW YOUR RISK – LOCAL RISK ASSESSMENTS
- What is your municipalities risk profile? What are your vulnerabilities? What conditions contribute to human and economic asset loss? Using a comprehensive, multi-point evaluation methodology, RESILIÉNT/CITY will assess your local risk, pin-pointing your vulnerabilities and identifying what can be strengthened through policy mechanisms and on-the-ground implementation.
- REDUCE YOUR RISK – ACTION PLANS
- Once you know your risk, you can take steps to mitigate losses. RESILIÉNT/CITY offer tailor-made Local Action Plans (LCAs) that outlines which steps should be taken to reduce risk and improve resilience.
- BE RESILIENT! – IMPLEMENTATION
- RESILIÉNT/CITY has partnered with global specialists in engineering, water management and resilient urban design. Working together, RESILIÉNT/CITY will oversee the implementation critical interventions, managing projects from paper to action.
From initial risk assessment to final project implementation, we establish the crucial link between resilience and risk reduction with sustainable development and climate change adaptation.
WHO WE WORK WITH
RESILIÉNT/CITY has conducted extensive capacity trainings with national governments, legislative bodies, members of parliament and their political parties. We work directly with congressional representatives and their committees on linking disaster risk reduction to national policies on climate change adaptation, gender inclusion and municipal affairs.
At the municipal level, RESILIÉNT/CITY supports the efforts of mayors and city/town councils on achieving greater urban resilience through local-level risk assessments and capacity trainings. Using proven methodologies, we craft case-specific policies and offer modes of implementation.
RESILIÉNT/CITY consulting offers expert policy support and for international organizations and regional development banks.